Tempt your tastebuds with this delicately spiced quinoa dish. It gets sweetness from mangos and crunch from cashews.
Total Time: 22 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 7 min.
Preparation Difficulty: Super Easy!
Yield: 1 serving
½ tsp. coconut oil (or olive oil)
¼ medium onion, finely chopped
1 very thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
½ clove garlic, finely chopped
¼ to ½ tsp. curry powder
1 dash Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
2/3 cup cooked quinoa
¼ cup frozen peas
3 Tbsp. coarsely chopped raw cashews (1 oz.)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
¼ medium ripe mango, chopped
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
3. Add ginger, garlic, curry powder and salt; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
4. Add quinoa and peas; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until well mixed and heated through.
5. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in cashews and cilantro; serve warm topped with mango.
Getting Fit Tip: 1 cup uncooked quinoa generally yields 3 cups cooked quinoa. As a convenience, you can cook some up in advance, store it in the refrigerator, and use it for up to 4 days.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 339 mg
Carbohydrate: 51 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 12 g
Protein: 13 g
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving)
1 carb/legume & tuber
Body Beast Portions (per serving)
*Recipe from Team Beachbody