If you’re like me, the fall season means the return of the popular Starbucks Pumpkin Spice
Latte. Or if you’re a frequent Pumpkin Spice Latte drinker, then you probably refer to it as PSL. By far, I would say it is my favorite drink of all time from Starbucks and so the return of the PSL every fall has me suckered in. I used to stop in every day to treat myself to the irresistible drink, even though I knew it was just adding inches to my thighs, but now there’s no need to!
Pumpkins are definitely great for you and some of their health benefits include:
- beta-carotene for eye health
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin has 7g of fiber and 3g of protein
- it’s packed with vitamins and provides over 50% of your daily dose of vitamin K
For the sake of your waist-line, your health and your sugar-levels, and to get a natural boost of energy, I highly recommend you indulge in this healthy version of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte. Your body will thank you everyday and you won’t have to feel guilty any more!
Yield: serves 1
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together in a blender and enjoy!
Weight Watchers Points+: 5