If you’re like me, the fall season means the return of the popular Starbucks Pumpkin Spice
Latte. Or if you’re a frequent Pumpkin Spice Latte drinker, then you probably refer to it as PSL. By far, I would say it is my favorite drink of all time from Starbucks and so the return of the PSL every fall has me suckered in. I used to stop in every day to treat myself to the irresistible drink, even though I knew it was just adding inches to my thighs, but now there’s no need to!
Pumpkins are definitely great for you and some of their health benefits include:
- beta-carotene for eye health
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin has 7g of fiber and 3g of protein
- it’s packed with vitamins and provides over 50% of your daily dose of vitamin K
For the sake of your waist-line, your health and your sugar-levels, and to get a natural boost of energy, I highly recommend you indulge in this healthy version of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte. Your body will thank you everyday and you won’t have to feel guilty any more!
Yield: serves 1
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together in a blender and enjoy!
Weight Watchers Points+: 5
Who says Shakeology always has to be served as a drink? Try this recipe for a tasty and healthier parfait to satisfy your taste buds, mind and body at breakfast time… or even at dessert-time too!
Total Time: 15 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: None
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, divided use
- 4 tsp. Chocolate Shakeology
- 4 tsp. Vanilla Shakeology
- 3 medium strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 medium banana, chopped
- 1 tsp. sliced raw almonds
- Combine 1/4 cup yogurt and Chocolate Shakeology in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup yogurt and Vanilla Shakeology in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Layer half chocolate yogurt mixture, vanilla yogurt mixture, strawberries, and banana in a medium dessert cup; repeat. Chill for 10 minutes; top with almonds and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Nutritional Information:
Body Beast Nutritional Information:
Here’s a healthy twist to a popular cocktail drink. This nutrient-filled piña colada makes a refreshing drink during the summertime. If you’re having a ladies night, maybe adding in a little rum won’t hurt… right?
1 serving of Vanilla Shakeology
½ cup water
½ cup 100% pineapple juice
½ tsp pure coconut extract
lots of ice
Pour it all into a blender and turn that baby on! Then pour it into your favorite cocktail drinking glass and enjoy!
Getting Fit Tip:
Use fresh coconuts and fresh pineapples instead of the juice & extract!
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 212 mg
Carbohydrate: 30 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 16 g