I’ve been SLACKING in the fitness arena. I know I may come off as a super-fitness freak, but in all honesty I am human too! Life does get busy, juggling a full time job (plus overtime), 3 kids, marriage, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and also helping others through my fitness business. I’ve always been the type to put others first, so my kids, my husband and helping others reach their fitness goals has been my priority these days. So, setting aside the excuses, my health has to be a priority in order for everything else to run smoothly in my life. I need to have optimal energy in order to function in a way that I can get everything done without feeling sluggish, right? So I NEED to schedule back that 1 hour workout every day and set it in stone.
So here’s my fitness plan:
1) Rather than just hosting challenges, I will be an active participant in them. This will give me accountability and make me stay on-point.
2) Tell my accountability partner and spouse what my fitness goals are. This includes immediate and long term.
3) Schedule my workouts. Working out in the morning has always been the most effective time for me to take get it done. I wake up super-early as it is, but if it’s going to fit somewhere in my day it has to be done before work and before the kids get up. No excuses. Free time will never come upon my doorstep, I have to FIND the time.
So here it is: I will be doing Les Mills Combat starting tomorrow, December 18, 2013. I will follow the calendar until Saturday, January 5th. On January 6, I will start TurboFire with the challenge group that I am hosting. Care to join me?
4) My workouts will be written in my daily planner and scheduled in WOWY.
5) Set up the alarms on my phone: The first one will be set for an hour before I have to get ready for work. The second one will be set for 45 minutes before I need to get ready for work. If the first alarm doesn’t work (which I KNOW I will come across those kinds of days), then I MUST get up for the second one. If I don’t, then I most likely will not be on time for work since I will not have a “get ready for work” alarm set.
6) I will start a personal log of my workouts and meals. So on top of posting my activity in my challenge groups, I will have a log either on my phone or in my daily planner of what I ate, what I worked out to, whether I had my Shakeology and how much water I drank for the day.
Hmmm… did I miss anything? If you have any tips or ideas for me, please share. I’m up for suggestions. And again, if you’d like to join me when I start a fresh new round of TurboFire on January 6, message me and let’s do this!