Here’s what I had for lunch today…
Warm, yummy, healthy oatmeal with chocolate vegan Shakeology ……. Yummy!
– A bowl of oatmeal
– Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
How to make it:
– Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and pour the water until you get your desired thickness. I like my oatmeal thick, so I only add just enough to make it thick. Just be sure to accommodate the shrinkage… so I add a bit more water than I plan on consuming. Then add the Chocolate Vegan Shakeology to the oatmeal. Add it until your taste buds are satisfied! Since it’s healthy, I don’t measure it. Knowing that it has Shakeology in it guarantees that the nutritional value is great!
Getting Fit Tip: In order to preserve as much nutrients as possible, wait until the oatmeal has cooled down a bit before adding the Shakeology. If you add it too soon, you could be killing off a lot of the vitamins before they even get into you body.
This Tropical Mango and Avocado Salad is absolutely delicious! The combo of the tropical fruit and avocado makes this a refreshing summer salad. Add some grilled chicken or add it on top of grilled salmon and you’ll have a complete meal!
Total Time: 10 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: NONE! 🙂
Preparation Difficulty: Easy
Yield: 1 serving
2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp.extra-virgin olive oil
1 Serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
¼ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
½ medium mango, peeled, cubed
¼ medium avocado, cubed
½ cup fresh pineapple, cubed
½ cup jicama, cubed
4 oz. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooled and cut into bite-size pieces
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1. Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, oil, Serrano chile, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
2. Place mango, avocado, pineapple, jicama, and chicken in a medium bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to blend.
3. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Saturated Fat: 3g
Sugar Total: 25g
*Recipe from Team Beachbody
I love mojitos, basil, mint, AND Tropical Shakeology! What a perfect combination.
1 C water
1 scoop Tropical Strawberry Shakeology
2 tbsp fresh lime or lemon
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil or mint
1 cup ice
Mix all the ingredients listed above with a blender and enjoy! This is best served under the nice, hot sun… at the beach!
If you don’t have Shakeology yet, you can get it here:
Love coconuts? Here’s a tasty Shakeology recipe to try:
1 cup of skim milk
1 tsp of coconut extract
1 serving of Tropical Vegan Shakeology
1/2 cup of ice
Mix the ingredients in a blender until you have the desired consistency. Pour it into a fancy glass and garnish with a strawberry and shaved coconut flakes.
Getting Fit Tip:
Rather than using skim milk, use coconut milk. It’ll add more coconut flavor to the drink and has less calories! Also, rather than using coconut extract, blend in real coconuts! 🙂
Where Do I Get Shakeology?
If you don’t have Shakeology yet, you can get it here: Shakeology Website.